Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mildred's Debut and some Cheesecake Brownies

Meet my new friend Mildred


She says hi back.
She's the newest member of our kitchen family, replacing a broken, 15 year old hand mixer last weekend but today Mildred and I went to work together.
We made brownies. 
Not just any brownies, cheesecake brownies.
Picasso Brownie
We are nothing short of awesome together - she's my new BFF.

Now this recipe stemmed from an insert in the Food Network's March 2012 magazine for 50 brownie recipes.
I haven't made brownies at home in ohhhhh a few years to say the least.
Only makes sense that Mildred's debut was a delicious chocolate cheesecake brownie!

Enjoy!

I'm Listening to:  Galvanize - Chemical Brothers


Fudgey Cheesecake Brownies
recipe adapted by The Food Network

1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c. 70 %  chocolate discs
1/2 c. salted butter
3/4 c. vanilla sugar
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 c. flour
1 pkg. light cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 c. vanilla sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat your oven to 325F and grease a square baking tin 9x9 is what I used  and then made cupcake brownies or use a 9 x13 pan as the original recipe suggests.
In a pot combine the chocolate and butter and over low heat melt while stirring. 


Remove mixture into a bowl and add in the sugars mixing well.
Add in eggs one at a time beating to incorporate and add in the vanilla with the last egg.
Next add in the flour and stir until just combined.

Pour into prepared pan.
Mix the last 4 ingredients in a separate bowl until creamy and smooth.


Dollop spoonfuls onto the brownie mixture and swirl with a fork or back of a knife to create any pattern.

Since I made a smaller portion I baked for about 25-35 minutes.  If using a larger pan the original recipe suggests baking for 55 minutes (personally I cant see it taking that long at all so be careful if using that option!)
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Those look great, please bring me some as you drive to Florida in a couple of months !! I am glad you love your new mixer !! Love the color!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! We'll see where our car takes us ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh cheesecake brownies *_* My favorite!
    Also, I may have to abduct Mildred out of pure jealousy. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color!!! The brownies look delicious too :) I'd love for you to stop over and share at Mix it up Monday:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday.html#more

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 55 minutes for a pan of brownies? You're right, it shouldn't take that long, especially if you want them deliciously gooey like yours look! I'm glad I went through last months FNM because that brownie collection would have gone straight to my hips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I only picked my favorite idea (for now) HA

      Delete
  5. Mildred is gorgeous! The brownies look delicious! Looks like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new friend looks beautiful!
    I am a sucker for brownies, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing! I have a thing for brownies and especially when cheesecake is swirled in them! Now following your blog! Would love for you to stop by my blog anytime :)

    ReplyDelete