Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Cherries Please - CCC Cake

I'm on a roll! As you know our fam was in town.  I had promised a special someone some baked goodness and since we have an abundance of cherries I wanted to make her something using them.
I decided upon a CCC cake - Cherry Crumb Cake
Its SO good that you won't want to give it to a neighbour - trust me! 
If you don't have a mixer don't worry, my mother in law doesn't either - old fashion wooden spoons and some arm power and you're golden!
Here's the recipe:

CCC Cake
6 tbsp. unsalted butter or margarine (I use I Can't Believe it's not Butter)
3/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. sour cream (low fat)
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped pitted cherries
TOPPING
6 tbsp. unsalted butter or margarine
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt

Heat oven to 350, grease 4 mini loaf pans (or one 9 in round pan if you want a traditional cake)
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time.  Beat in vanilla and sour cream until mixture is smooth.
In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.  Once combined add to wet mixture and stir until blended.  Fold in cherries.
Pour into pans
Mix all Topping ingredients together and crumble over cake batter.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Trust me...you are going to LOVE this recipe!!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment