Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cinnamon Mascarpone Pancakes

EEP I have no milk!  I always use milk when I make pancakes!  Water? Unheard of!!
But I want pancakes *sighs in despair*
Its 9 am on a Saturday in December, I am not putting on clothes, starting my car, driving to the grocery store JUST for milk.  Water it is - ugh.

I guess when you make that "box" stuff it calls for water and it still tastes alright so I suppose I could use it too - but I don't have to like it.

Mascarpone cheese - most commonly used in tirimisu, adds smoothness and umph to these cakes and I guess it makes me happier to add a little dairy back in as well.
I have never used it before because its crazy expensive.  I tend to reserve cheese money for dinner parties and special meals, not for pancakes, but today it just seemed right.
Liven these up by using a fruit syrup or compote rather than Aunt Jemima.

Cinnamon Mascarpone Pancakes
makes approx. 15 4" circles

1 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 c. water
1 egg beaten and left for dead
2 tbsp. mascarpone cheese

In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients, stirring to distribute.  Add water, egg and cheese and whisk well.
The batter will be thicker than usual.
Drop onto buttered griddle or pan by tablespoon, creating rounds with the spoon.  Flip pancakes once the bubbles appear and start to break.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment