You know, when you have dried spices in your cabinet but you forgot to write the date purchased on them so you aren't too sure if the potency remains in tact and you can only go by your sniffer?
I always wonder if what I smell is what its SUPPOSED to smell like. How do you really know?
I dunno either.
I do know that when my La Chinta Smoked Paprika from Spain was delivered and I opened up the tin I most certainly had not smelled paprika like THAT before.
Is this what paprika is supposed to smell like?!?!?!!!!
I thought I had died and gone to spice heaven.
The brands I had had previous, absolutely, positively do not compare to the wonderful aroma that permeated my nostrils.
I wanted to inhale it.
Smokey. Almost campfire like.
Fragrant. Sweet and indulgent.
I cant even begin to tell you how excited I was to use it.
I am even more excited to tell you that I will be offering up 2 samples of La Chinta's paprika (the sweet smokey and the hot) in the form of a giveaway all thanks to La Chinta, from Spain.
Thank you and the winner will want to thank you also - trust me!
So here's the skinny:
- You must be a follower of my blog - there is a "join this site" button, if you aren't a friend already - its on the right hand side of the page, I like new friends (but I like my old ones too).
- This giveaway is open to all, no matter where you live (how awesome is that??)
- To be entered into this draw I'd love it if you would share either a) a recipe that you use that calls for paprika OR b) what you would like to make with this.
- I will use a random number generator to select the winner - so please make sure you leave me your contact information in your post (i.e. email address). Once contact has been made the winner will have 72 hours to connect, if no response another name will be drawn.
- This contest will run until March 1st 5:30pm EST- that's a week from today