Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Scream, You Scream....

We all scream for ICE CREAM!!

Guess what I got?!
Go on...

A year's supply of ice cream - nope, guess again!

Only the bestest gift a gal could ask for.
The KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment for my machine!!!
Hip Hip Hooray

I came down on Saturday morning and there it was.
A big ol box of squealing joy.

I had wanted one for a while
However I am frugal, I couldn't justify spending that kind of dough on a machine that can make me need to pay for a gym membership too.
But all's fair in love and gifting.
My honey knows me so well - and he was the first to tell me what I had to make with it too.

I'm hooked. This is going to be my nemesis I can feel it.
Anyone wanna pay for my gym membership?
How bout some new running shoes?
Thighmaster?
No?  Ok, well then you better join me in indulgence


I'm Listening To: Soundtrack to my Life - Kid Cudi


Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
2/3 c. Kraft whipped peanut butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. 1% milk
2 c. Half and Half cream
1/4 c. mini Reese peanut butter cups - cut in half

In the bowl of your stand mixer, blend together peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
Add in the milk, cream and vanilla slowly (so it doesn't splash) and stir on low until sugar is dissolved.
Chill for about 2 hours.
Remove your previously frozen ice cream bowl from the freezer, attach the blade to your mixer, throw in your liquid and set to "stir" for 25-30 minutes.  In the last few minutes add in the peanut butter cups.

Put into a container and freeze for 3-4 hours or until set.
Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. You are gonna love making Ice Cream!

    FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lark, I already do....its gonna get bad I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this seems to be the "it" ice cream of the moment and I have to say, that even not liking peanut butter much, I still want to try this :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so exciting to get new gadgets for the kitchen! Your first endeavor with the ice cream attachment was a success. Excellent flavor choice-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those. I don't use it nearly as much as I should. I find I always forget to put the thing in the freezer early enough for when I actually want the ice cream. It is so much fun to use though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw the box - eyes wide, a teensy bit of drool coming from the side of my mouth....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, I just revamped my freezer so that it always has a place so that its always ready!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peanut butter anything - Congratulations on getting your attachment! I would be screaming like a girl and doing the happy dance, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ann! The boys sure did know how to make my bday special

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cool is that having an ice cream maker on your kitchen aid. I’ve seen it in the store for 100 euro!!! Just a bit too expensive, so I need to wait till I go back to the States and get one there. Then I will try your delicious ice cream recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilly, it was a gift for my birthday or else I would still be dreaming of it myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Running to the freezer to check if it's done counts as exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peanut butter ice cream is my favorite! I love that you tossed in those mini reeses cups! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete