Monday, April 11, 2011

MashUp Monday - Oatmeal Smoothies

Oh hi Monday!  Thanks for being right on time today, I wasn't quite ready for you but yet, here you are....

No harm, no foul, it brings me to the second post in the MashUp Monday category and I am pretty excited about it so you can stay.

MashUp - in music this can be best described as two different songs by different artists, likely in totally different genres being married together to form one song.  This is generally done by taking the vocals of one and adding it to the instrumental of the other.
In my food depiction, it could be two meals merged together or maybe ingredients that you might have from one meal such as dinner and turning it into a breakfast by adding some traditional breakfast additive or really anything else I might concoct and call a mash up.

I have been brainstorming since the inaugural Release Party post, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

teehee
This week's Mash Up is Oatmeal that you can drink!

I'm Listening to: Poker Hump - Fergie & Lady Gaga

Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
makes 4 servings

3/4 c. rolled oats
1 c. milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. milk
10 strawberries
1 really ripe banana
1 tsp. honey
1 c. ice






Place the rolled oats and milk in a microwaveable bowl and cook on high for about 3 minutes.
Let cool slightly

In a blender add milk, strawberries, banana, oatmeal and honey.

Blend on high for 2 minutes.  Add in ice and blend again to break up the ice.
Serve
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment