Friday, April 22, 2011

Piquillo Pepper Pork Chops

So here we were at the store and on top of the cheese displays there were little jars of this and that, a variety of different salts, pickled this, marinaded that.
Now normally I do not take a second look because when I shop I know what I am after, me and my list and pencil to cross items off, but something was pulling me, urging me to stop and browse around.

I came across some hearts of palm, I was intrigued.
I picked up the jar looked at them and put them back on the shelf thinking to myself "nahh I wouldn't even know what to do with this, another time" and then.....this jar of piquillo peppers stopped me in my tracks!
Like a kid in a candy store finding their favorite sugary treat and mom saying "sure, you can get it", I lit up. 

My initial internal reaction was "I am going to make something stupendous with this" while jumping up and down clapping.
My external reaction must have been different because at that very moment, Mr. BM looked at me and said "Do we need to leave this section?  Did you just crap yourself?"  Maybe my internal reactions showed slightly?

Now I am not too sure why he mistook my happiness to mean I might have expelled gas so I started laughing about it to myself which only made him think more gross things and the giddiness kept coming.

He doesn't share my elation with new foods - he just doesn't get it, so I decided to have a bit of fun and let him think I farted and deeked around the bread display giggling - hehehe I like to mess with heads.  You should have heard our car ride conversation!

So we get home and as soon as the groceries were away I started concocting.
I have never used the pepper before.  I knew that it was much like a roasted red pepper, well, its red, it was roasted and jarred...but I also knew they were actually a chili so maybe a tad bit of a kick?

I pulled out the blender, some shallots, garlic, olive oil and sage - I am going to create a marinade for our stuffed pork chops.
YESSSSS
I have to toot my own horn slightly friends, it was REALLY a good one, Mr. MB even took the excess and started dipping veggies in it.
Enjoy!

I'm Listening to: Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa


Grilled Piquillo Pepper Pork Chops

5 jarred piquillo peppers, sliced
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
maybe 1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp. dried sage
pinch of salt
fresh cracked pepper
peppered goat cheese
4 thick cut loin chops





In your blender throw in your peppers, garlic and shallots, on a low blend mix them up.


While blending, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Add in the sage, salt and pepper.

Blend again for 30 seconds
Voila!

Now you are ready to get your chops together!
Make a pocket in your chops a few inches in and stuff about a tablespoon (or more if you like) of the peppered goat cheese in.  Make sure you leave a bit of space since it will expand and likely spill out onto your grill if you don't.

Brush the marinade over the entire surface of the chops and let sit at least 15 - 30 minutes

Grill on medium heat ensuring a minimum internal temperature of 145F (side note I just bought myself one of those fancy dancy thermometers that you can place on the outside of the oven or bbq and yet inside the meat - LOVE)

We ate our chops with some grilled asparagus and skillet potatoes - super dish, will do this again YAY to impulse buying!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment