Monday, April 4, 2011

Marinated & Grilled Baby Bok Choy

Bok Choy, every time I say it I think of the Cadbury Bunny.
Bok, Bok, Bok, Bok, Bok CHOY, happy Easter?
A little unconventional twist to egg hunting this year would be to go around and hide veggies instead of chocolate.  I wonder how everyone else in the house would feel about that?  I might just do that.....

My brain works in mysterious ways when I am tired, forgive me.

I picked up some baby bok choy at the store on the weekend and while I was super excited about it, the others in the house were less than thrilled.
(there's that bunny again)

Normally I steam it briefly and then saute it with some butter and garlic but since it was the most BEAUTIFUL weekend and I had already concluded  it was going to be a bbq day, I wasn't about to turn on the stove so plan B.

The marinade was something that just sort of popped into my head for our chicken but it worked really well on the bok choy as well.
A little oil, lime juice, heat from some peppers, Dijon, the grilled version was born.

Enjoy!
I'm Listening to: Daft Punk

Marinated Grilled Bok Choy
play with the amounts like I did to suit your tastes, these are approximate amounts
This marinade was just enough for 4 chicken breasts in one bowl and for our bok choy separately.

1 banana pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. lime juice, fresh if possible
1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, I prefer the grainy kind
3 green onions, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
a few red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. oil (I used olive but a canola would work better likely)
6-8 baby bok choy, washed and split in half.

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking.
In one bowl take 1/3 of the marinade for the bok choy and use the rest for chicken or another meat of your choice...or if you want to make it just for your veggies, decrease the amounts :)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment