Thursday, August 18, 2011

Corn on the Cob - BBQ Style

You know what I don't like about corn?
The dental floss look once you're done eating it.

It never fails - I could husk and pull those tricky buggers till my hair turns grey and there will always be those stringy little leftovers in my teeth.
Great look.  Really.

I have to tell you though, when bbqing them I didn't have that problem.  They just seemed to pull away like a kid breaking away from his mothers grip to run to the candy aisle at the grocery store.
GONE.

This is a great way to stay out of the kitchen on hot summer days, and even easier clean up.

All you need to do is to place your ears of corn (unhusked, unshucked un anything) in your sink, completely submerge them in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
Heat your BBQ to a medium high heat and place them on the grill.
That's it.
Oh, wait, you need to turn them every few minutes.
Grill for about 20 minutes.


Once you take them off, let stand about 2 or 3 minutes to let the steam inside subside or else you are going to burn your fingers!

Peel back and enjoy with some homemade herb butter MMMMMM - those pesky strings won't even be a problem!


I'm Listening To: Here for a Good Time (Not a Long Time) - Trooper
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment