Sunday, November 20, 2011

THE Moistest Apple Cake Around

Just because apple picking season is over doesn't mean you can't enjoy the fruits of other's labour.

My parents got to enjoy the fruits of MY labour this past week when I made this deliciously moist cake.
I knew it was a winner when they went to leave for their drive home and as I was about to ask if they wanted to take some home my dad didn't even let the words roll off my tongue.
"Yes, I'll take some home"
Oh, well, its a darned good thing I don't need 3/4 of a cake kicking around my house!
Actually I was happy to oblige.
Quiet happily I gave them a couple of pieces for the road. (I wonder if it made it all the way home?)

I tried to avoid using oil so I improvised with some sour cream and had I had applesauce I would have used that in combination.
I wont tell you what I found when I went to grab the applesauce outta the fridge - it was frightful and so I did end up using a touch of oil.
If you have some I suggest replacing the oil with it, I have no doubt it would still be just as moist and obviously healthier!

Enjoy.

I'm Listening To: Momma's, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys - The Highwaymen



Moist Apple Cake

2 eggs
3/4 c. low fat sour cream
1/4 c. veg oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 apples, peeled, cored and diced.



In a bowl with a hand mixer blend the liquid ingredients until smooth.
Add in the dry ingredients.  The batter will be slightly thick.
Fold in the apples by hand.
Place in a greased and floured 8 or 9" spring form pan.
Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
Let cool on a wire rack in the pan at least 30 minutes and then remove the ring.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Yummmm, love the sour cream in it!! xoxo Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moist for sure! I love all apple recipes, and I think this one is another awesome one. The apple chunks look great and I'm sure taste divine! I'm so craving a slice of this, warm right out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream--YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks delicious and moist! Beautifully done and buzzed!

    ReplyDelete