Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wrestling the Wings - Ginger Lime Glazed

Guess who isn't home for dinner tonight?
The Mr. BM.
Guess who's not happy he missed it?

I believe I got "C'MON, you're making wings without me?!!?"
Sure am.
Maybe I'm getting back at him for going to a concert without me.  NAAA, I didn't wanna go. 
I'd taken some wings out a few days back and it was on my menu for the week, it just so happened that today was the day.
Sheesh, I saved him some at least.

The flavors of lime and ginger compliment each other well and the acidity of the lime also helps to tenderize the meat.  They are definitely bff's


We will make this again I'm sure as Little Ugh ate his share in less than 5 minutes.  I had to get between him and the saved wings, there was a little wrestling involved but don't worry...we saved you 7 darling.
There would have been 10 but I ran too slowly and got my butt kicked by a 13 year old!

Enjoy.

I'm Listening To: Breaking the Law - Judas Priest


Ginger Lime Glazed Wings
20 - 25 wings, tips removed
juice of 1 lime
2 inches of freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, grated
freshly cracked pepper




In a bowl whisk together the glaze ingredients.
Using 1/3 of the mixture coat the wings in a Ziploc for about 15 minutes.
Toss onto a lined baking sheet and pop into a preheated 400F oven.
Every now and again brush some of the mixture onto the wings and turn to ensure proper browning.
(about 3 more times)
Cook until juices run clear and nicely browned and glazey!!

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Those look awesome. I would love to try them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like a super-interesting spice combination on wings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad we don't have smell-a-vision or taste-a-vision cos they sure look goooooood

    ReplyDelete