Monday, June 13, 2011

MashUp Monday - Carrot Cake Pancakes with Praline Cream Cheese Topping

I cannot take credit for this idea as I have seen it done before but this recipe is mine...but I am willing to share it with you because you really really need to make this for your family!

Honestly, how could you not want to make it??
Dessert for breakfast people?!
Yes please.
In fact, seconds thanks.

Because this was a weekday breakfast I did not make my pancake batter from scratch as I would normally do on the weekends, so for those of you who generally make pancakes from a box this is even more of a reason to use this recipe!

I like that it feels like a dessert but you are adding fruit and vegetables into your meal without even thinking about it.
This is reason #1 to like this recipe.

Reason #2 happens to be the topping for the pancakes
Cream cheese + praline flavored syrup = love, warm pancake love.

Reason #3, I can't think of any more reasons other than it tastes a lot like one of my favorite cakes and that is a good thing.

Try it, bet you'll like it

I'm listening to: Ruby Soho - Rancid

Carrot Cake Pancakes makes 9 -12 pancakes

2 c. buttermilk pancake mix
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 small carrots, shredded
1/4 c. crushed pineapple
1/3 c. water + more to make thinner

Cream Cheese Topping:
1/3 c. softened cream cheese
2-3 tsp. icing sugar
1-2 tbsp. praline flavored maple syrup

For the pancakes:
Heat a skillet on med/high heat and add a touch of butter to grease the pan.
In a bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.  Add in the carrot and pineapple and water.
Depending on how thick/thin you like your pancakes feel free to add more or less water - with pancake mix I tend to use my own discretion and no measuring cups.
Place 1-2 tbsp. of batter into the pan.  Allow to cook until bubbles begin to form and pop (about 2 minutes or so).  Flip and cook another minute or so.
Serve with Cream Cheese Topping.

For the topping:
In a bowl mix the cream cheese with the syrup and icing sugar with a spoon.  If the cream cheese is not smooth like butter throw it in the microwave for 8 seconds.

Easy
Done
Eat
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog..
    I love the addition of pinapple to the pancakes..I bet it makes it extra special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot cake pancakes, I LOVE this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cool idea. I am sure this is elicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...I made carrot cake pancakes earlier this month, but I love the idea of the cream cheese topping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea! LOVE carrot cake - and in pancake form?! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete