Monday, May 30, 2011

Mash Up Monday - Pulled Pork Parfait

What's a mash up if you can't make dinner look like dessert?  Too bad you cant eat dessert for dinner.

I have posted a similar idea, the Meatloaf Cupcake but this, in comparison, is wayyy better.

After the Pork Parfait was created, and consumed I was thinking ... sorta reminds me of the KFC Bowl Meal concept (not that I have eaten one), but mine is prettier, tastier and likely healthier (to some degree).


If this was a "meal in a bowl throw down" I think mine would win hands down, in fact, I challenge KFC or Bobby Flay. 
Ok, maybe not Bobby Flay.  Unless you're reading this Mr. Flay, then bring it!

I suppose you could make this just because however this meal came from the leftover Root Beer Pulled Pork I made over the weekend.  Yes, I will post that recipe also before the week is over.

Normally I am strange duck, I favor my food in separate living areas.  If it was socially acceptable to have those TV dinner or children's plates that separate foods I would use them. 

HA, if these went with my decor I might consider it!
For some reason I was ok with this, maybe because it looked so pretty and made me want to eat dessert?
Naaa, its because it tasted dam good.

Eat your heart out KFC


Here's what you'll need:
pulled pork
cooked peaches and cream corn (off the cob is preferred)
garlic mashed potatoes
baked beans (Bush's is our bean of choice)
chives for garnish
parfait glasses

Assemble with your pork on the bottom, followed by potatoes, beans and corn, potatoes and pulled pork on top.
Enjoy!

I'm Listening to: Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. That is one fine lookin' parfait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulled Pork Parfait is dish especially for the pork lovers.They loved to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy and cleaver! I'm have a recipe only link party "Cast Party Wednesday" and this would be perfect. Would you come over and share some of your recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fist...LOVE the Goo Goo Dolls! :)

    second, so glad you linked this up to
    "Made it on Monday"

    YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back tomorrow and share some more of your awesome recipes!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete